Thursday, April 24, 2008

Movies + Books

Ohkay. Truth to be told, the cultured week that i have been raving about didn't quite turn out like what we have planned. With miss smith sudden interest with the whole peter panter's groupie club and lilmissmei having to deal with her personal issues of sleeping pills and painkillers, i was left alone to fan my own cultured curiosity. Thus, i end up snugging up the old pillow and fallen right into the movie marathon spell instead!

First up was Definitely, Maybe, which turns out to be quite an interesting conversation piece. Then there is the reruns of Clueless, which i have no idea why i went and drool all over it again. I'm guessing its paul rudd and all his yummiest. And like that's not enough, i had to fall head over heels in love with billy crudup's Dedication. An indie flick that speaks of
life eccentricities and dealing with personal demons.

With this three films streaming thru my waking conscious, i was all cranked up and thirsty for another dose of cultured garbage. And that's when it hit me. I look around my room. Dug underneath the bed. Looked inside the boxes. Nope. None. Nada. There is not a single book in my room. I don't even have a bookshelf to begin with. Ditzy as i may sound, and i know this is very blonde of me, but i have never owned a book before. Probably because i don't buy books, that is if you minus the occasional school textbooks and revision workbooks. I usually rent books from a neighborhood bookstore with my mum. But right now, i'm thinking of starting a small little library in my room, filled with a collection of my favorite books. Buying a few books with each paycheck wouldn't be too harsh on my budget i guess. Hmm...


4 comments:

.•º lilmissmei º•. said...

I am NOT a junkie!! They're prescribed medication!

the ugly submarine said...

I didn't imply anything :p It was just a toothbrush comment. You know we LOVE you!! We do! We do!

ding 'a' leng said...

Sorry to burst your fantasy bubble but me thinks Paul Rudd's waistline has increased. Not to mention the wrinkles on his face. Didja check out "Night at the Museum"?

the ugly submarine said...

ARGH!!! I didn't heard that. No i did not hear you say that. Take it back. Take it back! NOOoooooo!!!