Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Romantic fools

A friend once asked, what would be the most romantic thing that anyone would do for me? At that time i was going through a severe bubble-gum period, you know those 'la la mui' episode, and i think i said something along the lines of taking me to an outdoor cinema to watch a horrid chic flick while enjoying a cotton candy together or do a heath ledger from 10 Things I Hate About You. I know. Cheesy.

But thinking about it now, i guess the most romantic thing that anyone could do is to wait. Waiting for the uncertainty is a sincere and noble effort. Either you're waiting for a day or two, or half a lifetime, waiting is a painful way to pass time. This four letter word could burn the heart of a hopeful spirit, melt the dream of a sleepless soul and easily kill the patience of the strongest men. And ironically, the longer you wait the more romantic it gets. The boys from Brokeback Mountain waited a lifetime to prove their love for each other, keanu reeves waited a few years to meet sandra bullock in The Lake House while ryan gosling practically waited till his last breath to relive the unforgettable love he share with rachel mcadams in The Notebook. You can throw away those flowers and ditch the candle light dinners, cause waiting is definitely the new romantic gizmo.

Cheers to all the man that kept waiting and are still waiting.

'what exactly are we waiting for?'

1 comment:

.•º lilmissmei º•. said...

I know you guys hate me for this but this is the gift I am gonna give him... cant help it, you know? Pray for me that he knows and appreciates this precious time i have reserved for him... I'll wait.

You will wear your Vera Wang alongside me one day... just not this year la ok? Muacks~