Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Working HARD

The little pyramid from my window

Its generally hard to be a perfectionist. The constant urge to have everything done to a precise manner could easily have drive others to lunaville. But to be an immaculate perfectionist in a city that doesn't understands you is as fatal as driving your car off the cliff blindfolded. And when words couldn't explain what you're trying to say, then the charade games begin. You'll often find me acting like a pansy, jiggling my hands in all directions and coaxing up the ugliest facial expression just to say something as simple as asking where's the toilet. But even that doesn't work half the time. And when nothing comes your way, i guess the only best thing to do next is to just sit back and hope for the best. Forget about being a tight arse perfectionist. Forget about being in control. Forget about screaming your lungs out, 'coz there's only so much you can do.

So, when you catch me stuffing my face at the buffet table or drying out my worries with the wardrobe stylist, lets just say that its all part of a bigger plan to get the shoot over and done with. Besides, those food don't go eating by itself. Someone got to eat it. Why not me?

1 comment:

ding 'a' leng said...

Have you watched the film "Babel"? Of course what you're going through isn't as tragic but it does remind me of the power of sign language when words fail you.