Monday, August 8, 2011

I Crave You

Day #27 in Guangzhou, chickity China. Today i'm on my way to Kai Ping; a forgotten town southeast of Guangzhou. I heard wong kar wai was just there finishing his three years film project, on yet another ipman memoir. I wonder how much more story can they squeeze out of the poor man before the world gets bored and moved on to another kungfu superhero. Better still, i wonder when will hollywood do an ipman version of their own, and screw it up with zac efron or that harold guy from harold&kumar as the lead. I wonder when..


The endless drive across the gloomy morning sky was rather a depressing trip this morning. Spread across a vast landscape of paddy fields and fruit trees were tiny villages of not more than ten brick houses, each a little fairy tale of its own. I see chimneys burning a sky of clouds as mothers prepare breakfast for her child before the little ones cycle off to school. I see fathers sitting outside the house, enjoying his last puff of cigarette before work starts for the day.


I do sometimes crave for life simplicities like this.




Wong Kar Wai's Filming Set :D


No comments: