Sunday, December 17, 2006

A very late Valentine message

Love. I've only been in love once. And the feeling is like no other. It sometimes give me goose-bums just thinking about it. I met him when i was twenty. At that time, i just started college in the city, eight hours away from the little island i call home. I met him through a friend. According to him, he was love struck as soon as he lay eyes on me. He even remember clearly the way my hair was tied in a half pony tail, or the way my dimple appeared each time i smile at his little joke. To be honest, I didn't even remember how he look then. I just know he's slightly cuter than the average guys back home. And a lot more knowledgeable.

He called the next day, asking if i was interested in going out for a meal with him. I agreed and the rest, as they say, was history. The first few month of courtship was filled with endless phone calls, nightly dinners and weekend drive to the nearest hill top. We had such fun. But beneath all this, we had our little problems too.

I know that to others, he's not a very likable person. He can pass out as a very egoistic guy. He won't talk to you if he don't like you. He's blunt. Straight forward. Insensitive at times. Rude. And can be rather hot tempered if he feels like it. In short, most of my friends hate him and I don't blame them.

But what they won't understand is that, he have always been there for me. He have always stood by me. Hold my hand when i'm lost. Talk to me when i'm down. Push me when i'm lazy. But most of all, he have never stop loving me.

It has been six years now. And even though the phone calls has lessen by the years, and we're not as close as we used to be, i still adores him to pieces and will always do. Because, i have not only found love in him, i have found my soul mate within him. You will always be my poochi.

4 comments:

Mr. Poochi said...

I think you should take this post out. It's becoming irrelevant...

the ugly submarine said...

Irrelevant or not, that was part of my past and it will always be a part of me whether i like it or not.

Mr. Poochi said...

So, I can assume that it is ended?

ding 'a' leng said...

mr wanna, i fully support ur posting. mr poochi, u should juz let mr wanna say wat he wanna say. it's his blog. mr wanna, i luv u juz d way u are ^-^