Thursday, February 24, 2011

Blahhh...

The blogging spirit in me has risen yet again. I think it might have something to do with my current effed up mood of watching the most intricate self-absorbing art films ever produced, and its screwing up with my inner logic for everything worth mentioning, hence my desire to express myself kicks in with a bang! that only bruno would understand. I've been in this serious blabbing mind set ever since spending seventy one minute watching pink narcissus last wednesday, which in my honest opinion totally took the cake for being the weirdest, most freakish film EVER to grace my desktop.

And all this week, with the horror of it still swimming in my thoughts, i've developed a secret love affair for the
bright, otherworldly lighting in the film. It reminds me of pierre et gilles' stuff. Or more currently, rihanna's take on the whole psychedelic hues in her 'only girl' music video. I always dreamt hills to be in pink and skies to be in crayon purple to be honest. Seriously, i'm not rainbow loving for nothing ya know. I see things in illogical colours that andy warhol wished he could.

And with this power bestow upon me, i tried to pressure a fellow film director friend of mine to colour grade his current music video in that direction, but sadly, he declined without a second thought to it. Bastard child that he is, i do see his logic in it all. After all, one can hardly take a rock band seriously if they're drenched in bubble gum colours, can he?

Anyhoo, here's some shots from the shoot. And just in case you've been hiding underneath a rock, i'm the dude in mint green.









Ahh. I went for a haircut yesterday with lady yessica. And i must say, boy was i pleased with the end result. Its actually pretty much what i have been dying to have ever since i chopped off my zac efron-inspired locks a few years back. My photo reference; River Viiperi, as attached.


I only wish my new haircut comes with a free six pack. I will then die a happy camper for sure!

3 comments:

Mr-X said...

ish... r u getting fat?

the ugly submarine said...

Arghhh... most definitely not!! I blame the camera angle! :P

Mr-X said...

doesn't matter... I like your new hairstyle