Thursday, March 6, 2008

Reinspired

I started writing on my stories again. I developed it a few years back but had put it aside when the passion for writing died. Not sure what drove me this time around, but its a nice feeling to be inspired and be able to do what i like doing most. I guess as i grew older, i am drawn more towards writing and expressing my inner demons rather than acting on it. I might not be very good at writing but i like to think that i am. It sort of gives me some hope and that tiny sparkle of security, to let me face another day with the thought that i'm not that useless after all. Its the feeling of having a purpose, rather than speeding through life and end up empty by the end of the day.

I have long realized that i'm not a very ambitious person. I'm not very competitive and definitely not as driven as most of my friends are. In fact, i'm easily content to be honest. I prefer storybook ending of living happily ever after, rather than searching for new adventures one after another. I know it's kinda mundane, but maybe being mundane is good. At least i'm getting the comfort i need to sleep better at night, knowing that if i keep doing what i'm doing now, i'll have enough to pay the rent and go on holiday trips with my parents. I stop dreaming big awhile back. I couldn't be bothered. And if i were to be truly honest with myself, i hate my job. I hate the long hours, hate being fake all the time, hate the crap i have to put up with, in fact i hate the whole atmosphere of it, but this is what i do best. I know following one's dream is important and the whole you only live once bullshit but its hard to take that one step out of the comfort zone and actually do what the heart desire? Is it that bad to be content so easily?


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

not at all. what you do is just being safe and there's absolutely nothing wrong with being safe.

believe me, taking the risk to plunge into your dreams can be very, very painful.

so do what you do best now and it really seems to me at least, you're doing pretty well with it ;)

ding 'a' leng said...

There's no right or wrong answer here. It's not like you've betrayed yourself. Not everybody has the luxury of coming from a wealthy family. So what if you get contented easily? You're you!

the ugly submarine said...

Anonymous : I guess you have a point there. Thanks for the flattering remark. It was nice to know. :)

ding 'a' leng : Ya. I need to embed that into my brain. I am who i am.

ben said...

I think you still haven't quite answered the question you've been asking yourself, i don't believe that anyone could perform his/her best on doing something that he/she hates so much! And you are so not easy to get contented, you bitch! By having a job that might be a dream job to some people (of cause not the job load), and still having so much to complain, you call yourself easily get contented?!?! You know what the job have given you, that already made you a lucky dumb whore.
By the way, at least your writing is better than me.

the ugly submarine said...

What did you have for breakfast? A bowl of bitch??!!

ikanbilis said...

i had the same photo taken in that mosque, which appeared to be in an islamic text book as well.

gotta love egypt.

gah i miss it!

the ugly submarine said...

Egypt is a nice place to be at. They've got the best of both world, the heritage bit and also the modern side to it.

CHEDU said...

u dont care bout me edi la shan!! nvr sent me pic of ur trip also.. sad sad..

the ugly submarine said...

Ala...dun la like that. Me love you long time too...