Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Killed My Mother

Ohkay. So this is SUPPOSED to be a film review, but i just could not help posting up photos of the director/actor instead. Which i thought was more relevant to the film than the film itself, coz' frankly, he stole the show from me the first few seconds he came on screen. I was gaga, nevertheless.

Meet Xavier Dolan; my current obsession of the week, and the talk of the film festival at the moment. He wrote, directed and acted in the film
J'ai Tué Ma Mère or I Killed My Mother (in english) which won international press' attention when it was screened in 2009 cannes film festival. He's crazily talented, obsessively attractive and has an attitude to match.

J'ai Tué Ma Mère centers around hubert minel, a sixteen year old living in suburban montreal with his single mother. Hubert's mum is a pain. She complaints, nag and boss hubert EVERY single day about EVERY single thing, which of course, irritates the hell out of hubert. But little did she know, hubert has a little plan of his own that could kill her, not literally, but almost as painful. I killed My Mother is every teenage boy's revenge story, told in french :P



By the way, xavier dolan is only twenty one at the time this post is written. Bastard and a half!

3 comments:

Jo and Giuls said...

What an handsome boy :)
Beautiful photos, have you taken them? By the way, we love your blog!
If you would take a look in the ours, it will be a pleasure :D
Kisses
Jo and Giuls

the ugly submarine said...

No. It's all google's doing. I wish i did take them tho.. :P

Leon said...

I think I may have to give this a watch. Very beautiful young man!