Friday, February 4, 2011

Homely Me

Its been a slow day at home today. The lunar new year has so far proved to be a boring affair. It could be because i'm all stuck in the city with no hometown to go back to and frankly, there's just nothing much to do around here. Most of the shops and eateries are all close for the festive, and malls are fairly empty with ghostly figures of people stranded in the city like me. No fun there!

In between all these boredom, i've put up some interior photos that i think would go perfectly well with my current interest in the
whole forties suburb pastelly look. I personally lurve the rusty/peel off textures in this interiors. I think pale out violet and turquoise is a great palette to work with alongside monotone wallpaper and off white walls. Vintage suitcases, age-old mirrors, hard cover books and 1920's inspired tin containers add little sparkles to the interior.

I now can't wait to go antique hunting again in malacca. Hmm.. perhaps a day trip would be perfect to lift up my festive mood. xoxo.










* Photos are taken mainly from jubella, apartment therapy and the shelby. Happy Lunar New Year everyone!! :D

No comments: