Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Desperate Measures

Somehow or rather, i'm still in cairo due to some changes in the flight itinerary. I got till this saturday before i jet off, and what's better to do then try to score a bit more readership by humiliating myself (again!)

Attempt to humiliate my own self 02 : Admit to having very little brain cell.
I really should have paid more attention is class while i was in school. Back then I was just an average student. In fact, i was more like the gap filler between the high scorers and the drop out. I never did failed any subject or neither did i score with flying colours. I'm just average. I was more into doing my own thing than be bother with competing in the rat race to get to the top of the class. You can say i'm a bit self absorbing. And that same attitude have stuck on to me like a super glue even till now, blindfolding me from many MANY things happening around me. Perhaps my lack of interest in the eight o'clock news and my upmost dislike in reading anything that's 'news' in general, have something to do with it too. I'm just not a news person. Thus it explains why a certain mr big ben is questioning my shortage of brain cell in posting up this. I guess its true that after conquering the pyramid in egypt, chances of frolicking to the other six more wonders are pretty slim as most of them have vanish from planet earth long before i was born. However to prove him wrong, hihi, i did a bit of wikipedia and it turns out that i have actually achieved more than i bargain for.

Pyramid of Giza (Egypt), one of the 7th wonders of the ancient world

Citadel of Qaitbay (Alexandria), one of the 7th wonders of the ancient world. Its also known as the Lighthouse of Alexandria

Citadel of Cairo (Egypt), one of the 7th wonders of the medieval world

Catacombs of Kom el Shogafa (Alexandria), one of the 7th wonders of the medieval world

Hagia Sophia (Istanbul), one of the 7th wonders of the medieval world

4 comments:

ben said...

OMG, what an achievement! you are so incredible, you are so smart and intelligent! It almost brought me to tears after reading ur writing, it's so astonishing, it moved me deeply! You know how much i'm proud of you, you know how delightful my life was after i met you. Honey i even i thought i was in love you. (Sorry god, i think i just need to say something nice sometimes.) Muaks, darling.

the ugly submarine said...

COW!!!

ikanbilis said...

i thought i've been to most places in egypt and realizing i never been to Kom el Shogafa, its time to plan to revisit!

the ugly submarine said...

Yes! A revisit is good. Can i tag along? :P