Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Two Thousand and Eight

I guess you can say i was bored. Or uninspired. Its been weeks since i last blog, and yet i have nothing to blog about. Its like i'm all empty, drained out and boring. I started blogging a year and a few months ago, with a passion so strong it could have burnt down the whole rain forest up north. I was a determine bunny with the right battery. Putting down my thoughts into words, i was like a word assassin, firing up a diarrhea of ideas and notions about the shit loads happening around me. And owning a blog was the only right thing to do. I had a playground to document my every curiosity. It inspired me. It gave me a cozy hideout when the world cave in. It was like having a friend on the first day of kindergarten. I felt safe again.

Many things have happen since the last new year. It felt like it was just yesterday when my mum had a breakdown and was diagnosed with bipolar. Days were spent in tears as i watched her crave in to the sickness. It weaken her, killed her smile and sucked up her soul. I was helpless and all i could do was fight it with my love and passion for her. Thankfully she's getting better now. She's been taken off the meds and though she's not the same anymore, i thank god everyday for giving me another day with her.

Two thousand seven saw me breaking up with my boyfriend of six years. I'm not proud that i did it and its not very wise either but i wanted to. I'm sick and tired of the comfort zone that i keep putting myself into. I want to live a little. Breath a little. And be that someone whom i've thought i'll grow up to be. You only live once, why not live it the way you wanted it to?

It was also the year that i kept finding myself at a bar drinking my life away. I was a dipsomaniac, all thanks to a few friends. But i'm not complaining. I guess if you work hard, you should play harder. And its not helping when i'm a workaholic. I spend my year taking up jobs back to back. I stride through pre-prods at shanghai and survived a typhoony shoot in taiwan like it was just another day. You could say it had been a hectic year for me, work wise.

I'm determine that two thousand eight would be equally fantabulous, if not even better than the year before. I'll buckle up on my blog post more often than i've proved to have done last year. One thing for sure though, you'll probably still be able to catch me shooting up shots at a bar, but different is, i'll have a bigger grin this year around than before. That i promise you!

My new year resolution? To save more. Be it saving a colony of hairless mole in downtown briekfields, or campaigning against killing sharks for their fins or saving more moos to buy yet another skinny jeans! To save more is the way to go, girlfriend!

And maybe this year, i'll learn how to effing drive.

3 comments:

the ugly submarine said...

Is that ALL you have to say?

ben said...

Good luck for the new year heading you, since it has nothing to do with me to succeed ur resolution. U seem like a simple girl with nothing much to ask for, but then u think u could've done better, believe me, you've already done more than plenty of other else has. Instead, i hope you will meet the man of your dream soon (before you meet his beautiful wife, :p). Oh, just forget about driving, don't waste ur time & money, spend the money on me, u'll get better return.

the ugly submarine said...

Spend money on you? Pleaaassse la! I rather go waste the money on plastic surgery than use in on you! Hahaha...I love you too!!