Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Transformers

I just watched Transformers. And as i expected, the featured length movie based on the famous comic book saga and the even more famous TV cartoon series is no doubt unbelievably boring. More boring than watching reruns of barney the purple dinosaur on cable. Furthermore, being born post transformers era doesn't help at all to excite me about this whole robot thingy. That and also maybe the fact that as a kid, i was more infatuated by the colourful world of my little pony, care bears and smurf, to even pay any attention to a bunch of vehicle coming alive. Its all to manly for my liking.

It doesn't help that its way too complicated and foreign for me to understand as well. All this macho talk about megabot and autotron (or was it megatron and autobot??) is way harder than learning algebra in finnish. If it weren't for eddy's patience in giving me a full on lesson on this whole transformers theory through out the movie, i would have fallen asleep fifteen minutes into the movie or died of severe head concussion trying to understand the overly complicated storyline. Its just too technical.

I thought i'll never see this in a movie, but the whole two hours and twenty four minutes of the movie is too jam packed with things happening, air craft explosions, metal transformations and people running for dear life, till i was exhausted by the end of it. I didn't have time to even drool on the sweat drenched shia labeouf, forlicking alongside the evenly sweaty josh duhamel. I think man in uniform is the way to go for me la! Bring on the uniforms, darling!

No comments: