Monday, April 14, 2008

Life achievements. How do i get some of those?

I pride myself as a juggler. A juggler who could camouflage through different facets of life, playing a different role each night to an assembly of audience. But as the curtain draws, the reality sinked in as i realized the naked truth that i never truly belong to any of the roles i played. I fooled the audience, myself included.

Maybe life is an illusion of its own too. Out to trick us with its sweet promises, like the apple adam ate; like the apple snow white bite into, all too alluring and destructive at the same time. We were deceived into playing a mantle of our own, befitting what we let ourself believe is our life calling, never compromising with fate, just running along the thread of life, only regretting it as we twirled closer to the core.


But by then, regret is not an option anymore. Its now that we should take matters to the hand and track our route to where we wanted it to go. Let satisfaction be the reason not responsibilities. Only then you'll truly honored life achievements to its true meaning.

I'm feeling a bit philosophical today. All because i took the cultured plunge and went for a friend's art exhibition at The Painting Show. I was impressed no doubt and obviously envy at the same time with his achievements. How do i get some of those achievement thingy? Are there on sale on the racks at tesco? Do they come in pink?

If only.

3 comments:

Ganymede said...

See that's why I don't like apples. Ok I don't know what I'm crapping about...

Anyhows, achievements? Hmmmm. They're good but recognitions aren't always necessary. So long as I'm happy with it. :)

ben said...

Maybe it's becoz you keep thinking u have a lot more to be done, that makes you didn't even realize that you've already achieved that much. Or that being said, you dumb arse.

the ugly submarine said...

Mr Queer : I guess you're right. I should be high on life and not drool on achievements :)

Mr Ben : OMG! Some intelligent words from you! I'm impressed. You even got the spelling for 'dumb arse' right, you dumfuk!