Thursday, April 17, 2008

What took her so long?!

My kitchen is alive again! Oh thank god for that! You see, my mummy dearest have decided to quit the whole cooking nonsense and went on a pledge against cooking for the past two years now. That woman have some attitude problem if i dare say so myself. And true to her words she never turn on her stove since then. Minus the occasional instant noodle craving and the die die must have chinese new year feast, she just stop being the culinary chef that she is. It seems she got bored with all the chopping, dicing and frying. I can't blame her coz' she've been doing it all her life. It started off with her taking over her mother's kitchen when my grandmother passed away when she was just sixteen years old, she cooked her way into her marriage, right through my many birthday dinners and up till my sister's pre wedding reception. I wouldn't say she's a nigella lawson, but she does have her little pink book of recipes that kept us all fat and chubby all this years. A one woman show, she truly is a good cook and of course a wonderful mother.

So you can understand why i went schizoid for a moment when i caught my mum brewing up a storm in her kitchen this morning. I praise the lord in high heaven and all the spirit in between for she have decided to slip on her apron and be the champion mum again. I can now die a happy man.



2 comments:

Ganymede said...

Holy crap! That's not cooking! That's blardy FINE DINING!

Can I be the adoptive son please~~~

the ugly submarine said...

Sure. You just need to go thru the whole shave your eye brow and pluck your nose hair ritual to be the adoptive son. Oh by the way, we're a bunch of nudist who hearts naked sunday. You okay with that?